Friday, December 7, 2007

Flurry of Excitement

What an amazing week at Heartfelt!

I can't even remember which day it was when my Night Owl became a Morning Glory jumping up and down on the bed exclaiming, "IT SNOWED IT SNOWED!" Sweetness thereby declared the day a "snow day". Then Cutie Pie declared, "I'm 5 years old." And Joy declared, "I'm having coffee first."

We muddled through reading practice and chores and out into God's fluffy blanket we went! Snow angels, snow balls, sled riding -- it was a terrific first snow. Cutie Pie giggled as he pedaled his bike, and watched the front tire spin. "You need 4-wheel drive, son!"

Then as if our week wasn't good enough we HAD to give the cat a bath. Now, I'm not one for bathing cats unless I have too, however, I will spare you the disgusting details. First I taped his sharp claws then filled two buckets of water and placed them in my bathtub. Then I immersed kitty in bucket one and got him sopping wet. Then the kids squirted him with soap! I lathered him up good and sudsy, then dunked him into the fresh clean bucket of water. It wasn't over yet! Sweetness took pleasure pouring cups full of water over him until he was free of suds. The giggles and laughter were surroundign the house as kitty darted downstaris to find warmth by the woodstove.

Today we baked cookies! Yummy, no good for you oatmeal sandwich cookies using a can of lard, a box of brown sugar, a box of confection sugar, a jar of marshmellow cream! Well, it did have four cups of oatmeal and 4 eggs : /

Thank you God for an awesome week. I look so forward to what next week will bring!

No comments: