Saturday, December 8, 2007

Cup Fulls of Laughter + Handfuls of Creativity = Awesome MNO


The ladies of our homeschool group sure know how to have a great time! Last night, one of our dear members, and friend, Tam, hosted a Cookie Exchange Mom's Night Out! The creativity, organization, and hospitality of this homeschool mom is phenomenal. I was a bit late, so I missed out on the initial phase of wooping laughter. But as soon as Michelle put on her reindeer nose and her flashing glasses I completely lost all sense of composure and laughed until I had to hide my deformed face behind a bag! YES, she won the prize for most the most festive attire.

Then we played a left and right ornament game and I won an ornament! Perhaps I should play the lottery. I won a citrus peeler at the Pampered Chef party this week. Then it was time to have some yummy snacks of veggies, chips, dips, sausage, hot tea, cider, egg nog that was all pleasantly displayed on a gorgeous dining room table.

Tam, then proceeded to gather us back to the kitchen table and engage us in craft time. Bless her heart she was a good sport as she tried to explain how to make a Neanderthal Book fold! Poor Deb didn't have enough squares! We were so intoxicated with laughter, it truly was HARD to concentrate. We all sat and worked diligently on our cookie bags and recipe books while making wise cracks about getting pulled over for failure to come to a complete stop ! And getting speeding tickets while in labor!

My kids are so delighted that I brought home about 2 dozen of different kids of cookie. WOW mom that was some "meeting". Back to reality here! My kids are diving into the cookie bag for breakfast! Best scoot.

But first I must thank God for a husband who is the world's best babysitter : 0 ) and for good friends who make me a laugh. It truly is the best medicine!



No comments: