Friday, November 30, 2007

About Those Horse Books

Sweetness sure did enjoy her books on horse facts. Our lapbook is coming along and I hope to post pictures of it soon... But first I have Horse Unit Study by Amanda Bennet coming in the mail!

We also enjoyed Misty of Chiconteague. What a delightful book full of poetic sentences that delighted my senses with imagery. I particularly liked the dialect of Grandma and Grandpa Beebe...

Upon finishing the book last night Sweetness looked quizzically up at me with a hint of dismay and said, "Mama, I thought this book was about the ponies going to a gold factory." She listened to this book intently waiting on the initial pony's voyage to finally meet its destination!

We are blessed to have a dear neighbor who owns a pony named Sunny. We have visited with Sunny for two days in a row now. I think I wouldn't mind have a pony, especially now that I know it won't grow up into a big ole HORSE : )

No comments: