Sunday, November 9, 2008

Clearer Vision

I had an eye exam Thursday. My doctor was astonished with my current prescription. Seems his tests show that I am over corrected by a whole point in each eye. “You appear to see things in a distance clearly, but what about up close like while reading a book? Does it seemed blurred?” he asked.

“Yes. As a matter of a fact I thought I needed bifocals.”

“No, you don’t need bifocals just a weaker prescription.”

Sigh… I think this may stem from the fact that I was over medicated on synthroid which made my vision worse at the time of my last exam (about 8-9 years ago). Now that my medication is at a normal level my vision has improved as well. The optometrist did not agree with this analysis. Nevertheless, I am anxious to get my new prescription, because now that I know why I have blurry vision up close I want it corrected.

The Lord has also shown me a lot of areas in my life that are blurred and how satan is ever trying to obscure our vision of the bigger picture that the Lord has. Yesterday I stood in tears and asked forgiveness for my grumblings and complaining. I have NO reasons whatsoever to complain, for I am not hungry, thirsty, naked or in pain.

We went to church this a.m. This is our second visit to our neighbors Independent Baptist Church. The pastor taught on Revelation 7 as part of the church’s study on that book. His teaching was so clear! I was waiting to hear his interpretation of the 144,000 and he nailed it with complete accuracy. The 144,000 are the tribes of Israel -- the Jews -- just as the scripture reads nothing more, nothing less. They are the ones whom God will seal before he pours out his wrath on a Christ rejecting sinful world. These 144,000 will be his witnesses during the tribulation. We serve a God of mercy whom even through the days of judgment and tribulation will not be without a witness of His salvation. The pastor also explained the latter part of the chapter and how these 144,000 along with the souls that are saved, because of their witness, come out of the great tribulation and are given white robes of righteousness. This really helped clear up my vision of these verses. I can hardly wait to go back to hear more next Sunday.

On the way home, Sweetness says, “Mommy, the boys at that church are mean?”

“Oh.” I simply replied waiting for more…

“Yeah, they said they are braver than girls, because they’re not afraid of spiders or snakes.”

“Well, that is true. God did make men to be protector of women. When mommy sees a snake or a big huge cockroach (and we have some HUGE cockroaches in these woods that sometimes find their way into the house) who does mommy call?“

“Daddy.“ she replied.

“Yes and those boys will grow up to be men, husbands and daddy’s to protect their family. So let us thank God for the ones whom are more brave than us. For much that is given, much is required. They have been given the job to protect and that is a HUGE job.”

“Mommy. K didn’t want to sit by me today. She wanted to sit beside of S,” sweetness said with that bottom lip puckering.

“That made you sad?” I asked.

“YES!”

“I know it is hard to share friends. But you share everything so well. God has really given you a heart that shares and He wants you to share friends too. The best way to be a good friend is to share them. If you get jealous or covetous then you’re not being a good friend. But if you show deference and share your friends with a warm heart and smile, then you can be friends to many. So perhaps you can sit next to V or B? And don’t forget your brother is there and he is your bestest friend.”

“Yeah, only B can dit me,” she said with a great big smile.

(ditting is one of the many ways Cutie Pie shows his sissy how much he loves her)

Sometimes we see with tunnel vision. Insisting on our own rights. When the only right we truly own is the God given right to LOVE!

No comments: