Friday, June 6, 2008

Finding our Niche

My oh my where does the time go? We've had a busy busy three weeks. We went on an awesome nature walk with the HS group. Sweetness spied a Scarlet Tanager and pointed it out for everyone to see. The bird sang a sweet lil' song for a few seconds before flying off. Everyone ooo'd and aaaa'd over the sighting and Sweetness won the nature award that day. It ties in really nice with our bird unit this month. The place we visited was awesome. I do not have picture to share this post, but plan to return to the site and take some to share.

Then we had a fun after school picnic with the HS group where we learned to play water balloon toss! We're also making more friends and contacts and finding our niche within the group. This is a wonderful group, but I am learning that some people you want to befriend are all ready too busy for more friends. It's nice to know them, but to build more than a surface relationship takes a lot of time. So we're finding those whom need friendships and building a network.

Sweetness continues her horse lessons each Tuesday, though we've switched to the a.m. instead of afternoon as the temps are soaring here in Virginia.

We're enjoying our bird unit study and the lapbook we're constructing very much. I think we've also found our niche in homeschooling. I've followed a lot of different philosophies, but I come back to the one that feels the best: Learning inspired by the direction and leading of the Holy Spirit and my dear sweet children. So how does that fit into educating a child from a Biblical Worldview? Well, I am to train up my child in the way he should go. Who knows how he should go, but the Holy Spirit? And I wholeheartedly feel that the Holy Spirit will impress upon my child's heart the way he should go. And if that way is not toward the world, but toward the Lord, then by all means, let me follow his lead.

Just look how the Lord has blessed our Bird Unit Study today! Thank you GOD! I feel I am going in the right direction *again* and it is such a JOYFUL feeling!

Birds nest built on our porch corner w/ 3 day old hatchlings.



Mama Bird (Eastern Phoebe)


We held a baby for just a second!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible blessing and great insight for you and your children. Wow!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I did post a reply to your comment. I hope it makes sense - I'm a little tired and groggy.

Have a blessed weekend!