Saturday, January 12, 2008

Brotherly Love

This week God has shown me one of the many benefits of home schooling.

The children have been playing so cooperatively together: Music to a mother’s ear. But before I mislead anyone into thinking we’re perfect, let me assure you we have our share of squabbles too.

It was time for Sweetness to have her bath, which she does nearly independently now. Cutie Pie was left all alone and he started pouting and said “I don’t feel right. I feel funny?”

“What’s the matter?” I asked. “Is sister more than one foot away from you?” He truly did miss her and could not wait for her bath to be over!

The dentist office trip was another example of the bond that is growing between the two. We were all snuggled up on the waiting room couch reading books when the hygienist calls Sweetness. She bounced bravely to the dentist chair while Cutie Pie and I remained in the waiting room. He started wiggling and sliding off the couch. Became displeased with the books and insisted on getting another book. Yet none of the other books would do. “Oh when is she ever going to be done mama?”

“What’s the matter, do you miss your sister?” I asked.

“Yes,” said Cutie pie with a big puckered bottom lip. Thank goodness Sweetness sealants only took a few minutes and the two were reunited again.

Then it was Sweetness' turn when Cutie Pie took a very long afternoon nap. “Mom, don’t you think it is time for B to wake up? He has been sleeping a long time.”

“What’s the matter? Do you miss you brother?” I asked.

Thank you God for a husband that works so hard to keep his family at home. Thank you God for the privilege to homeschool and showing us that families were not meant to be ripped apart all day long. And thank you for teaching me how to foster a loving relationship between the children. And thank you for putting love for each other in their hearts. This website cannot contain my thankfulness to you my Lord. You mercy and grace never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: