Monday, December 31, 2007

Jesus IS Coming!

Before I usher in a New Year I think it high time I blog about Christmas!!!! Where has the week gone? Where has the year gone?

Christmas, in the sense of the December 25th celebration of the birth of my Lord and Savior is past. But the beauty of God’s love for us ALL will forever continue to brighten my days with hope and fill my heart with peace and joy.

This Christmas, like many other days with children, was different. We had a lot of Kodak moments and some not-so-Kodak moments that have forever been written upon our hearts as memorable moments and learning experiences… I am convinced that rearing children is the best education a person will ever receive!

Sweetness loved her Samantha Doll, Movie, horse family, heart necklace and perfumed soaps. Cutie Pie loved his train set, wooden blocks, and guitar, however he did not ask for a John Deere bike, therefore he did not want a John Deere bike and furthermore he dislikes surprises as much as he dislikes large crowds and strangers. So no more surprises for Cutie Pie! They both love the real looking 5' stuffed alligator pillows Treasure Hunter got them.

What else did I learn? No matter how much sugar is in the house during the holidays we MUST not cut back on sugar by eliminating the Happy Birthday Jesus cake. I usually make the cake on Christmas Eve, but felt we had digested too much sugar all ready and sugar tends to make me cranky : / But it just wasn’t Christmas without the cake, so I baked it on Christmas night, lit the candles, sang the song, made a wish, blew out the candle and finally Christmas was complete.

I also learned that King Crab legs are not as tastey as Snow Crab Legs.

I was reading Am. Girl Josefina to Sweetness last night. The tradition in her village was to act-out the Nativity scene ! Now why did I not think of that? The kids would LOVE doing that! So let me record this idea on my blog, so when I look back next year I will remember to begin this tradition with my family. That is if the Lord doesn’t come back before then. I am so looking forward to His coming! How about you?

If and when we meet again next year I pray everyone have a safe and Happy New Year!

Love and Prayers
JOY <><

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
Your Cutie Pie sounds JUST LIKE my Trevor... I learned not to surprise him with gifts long ago, too, when he opened a gift for Christmas, frowned and promptly accused, "Mom, why did you get me THIS?" (I think he's learned a LITTLE more tact in his older age, but...)

Happy New Year, friend! I'm such a bad Pampered Chef delivery person...I promise to see you soon once all this holiday activity settles into routine again... Love ya!

Lori :)

Anonymous said...

Would love to hear more about how that new math is going for you all now that you've had it for a bit. :-)