Sunday, November 29, 2009

Keeper's at Home

My prayer for Heartfelt Homeschool is that God would teach us what we need to know to further His Kingdom. There are many activities for children to participate and before becoming actively involved I try to remember to pray about it before diving in. I want whatever we do to be glorifying to God and there have been times when we’ve passed the boundary that leads to the path of destruction. Worldly pleasures are disguised in sheep’s clothing. Thank you God for gently pulling us back onto the right road.

God’s Word tells the older women to teach the younger women to be keeper’s at home! So I prayed the Lord would send these older women into our lives to teach us! Why am I so amazed when God answers prayers? He is amazing! For God has sent us Mrs. Jenny & Mrs. Lisa. Mrs. Jenny, from Mennonite heritage, mother of 7, grandmother of 12, has graciously offered to share her gift of sewing with young moms and daughters. She invited us to her home where she showed us her grandfather’s 100 year old quilt hand sewn from men’s leftover shirts. I'd have that thing framed!

We picked our first quilting patterns and began quilting class last Saturday and plan to meet every Saturday this winter. What a blessing for her to share her time and talents with us.

And Mrs. Lisa is a lady of many talents who serves the Lord with a heart of gladness! She is the one who organized our quilting bee and recruited Mrs. Jenny to help. Lisa’s vision is for us all to create gifts that will bless those in need.

So here are some pictures of our first projects.

Sweetness and her quilt



This is my tree skirt. It was altered by the faux 1/4" on my sewing machine and didn't turn out "perfect" although it still wraps nicely around the tree.


I am feeling very guilty for desiring a new sewing machine, but if I'm serious about quilting it's a must have. So I'll leave it in the Lord's hands. As Mrs. Jenny says, "Everything I own belongs to the Lord and I must share my blessings. You're welcome to take my machine home and use it all you like." I just couldn't do that, but we sure do like going to her house and sewing.

Stay tuned. Cutie Pie got stung by the quilting bee too!

No comments: