Friday, February 6, 2009

Moonlight Sledding

I don't have any pictures for this one, so I'll attempt to paint one. Treasure Hunter boards the runner sled, takes off down the icey slope, hits the tree root, sparks fly, hits the leaves, more sparks fly. I was thinking we would have a forest fire! But thankfully it stops. The kids and I are hooting and howling and holding our ribs!!

Then Cutie Pie jumps aboard, and down they go at lightening speed! "Guess where we landed??? We crashed into some trees!" exclaimed Cutie Pie with wide big wide eyes! That was the picture he refused to pose for -- that shows the scratches across his forehead. So next time, instead of following the sparking path that leads to a crash landing in the trees, they begin at the back of our house, slide around the narrow path of the basement door, then across the icey slope, sailing by with the greatest of ease. Soon Sweetness realized they were having fun and not crashing into anymore trees, so she joined the fun too.

ME? I was sitting on the porch steps w/ Eve in my lap (my hands in her sweater)staying toasty warm! Well, I did take a few rides down in the plastic sled, but nothing dramatic to report.

We sure enjoyed the snow this week! But it will start to melt today and be gone by Sunday when the temps will reach 60 degrees! I LOVE VIRGINIA.

I must also report that we're still maintaining a school schedule. Here are the Bible verses Cutie Pie is reading and memorizing!

Israel did look for a law that could make them right with God. But they didn't find it. Why not? Because they didn't look for it by faith. They tried to get it by working for it. Romans 9:31-32 (NiRV)

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews 11:3

No comments: