Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tooth Fairy

Hugs and kisses
Fairy tales and wishes
That's what little kids are made of...




Sweetness lost her 8th tooth yesterday while I was reading Providence: The Story of Roger Williams. She just kept on a wiggling and the next thing ya know she spit out a tooth.

Well, last night she left it on her nightstand even though the neighbor friend told her there are "No such things as tooth fairies." Sweetness wanted to believe.

Sigh... what can I say? Is it ever "OK" to tell a lie? Is the tooth fairy a lie?

Well, this a.m. Sweetness comes into my room, lays down beside me and says, "I guess there is no such thing a tooth fairy." And she disappointedly drops her tooth into my hand.

MY EYES WERE BIG AS SAUCERS!!! I FORGOT : ( So, I tried to redeem myself by counting out the $1 bills in my wallet and I had exactly $8. So I handed it to her and she said, "Thanks mom!!!!!!" Then with a very understanding sweet grin (missing a few spaces) she also said, "You must have just been really tired last night."

Oh thank God for the forgiving spirit He gives to children. We can learn so much from our kids.

No comments: